1. Learn. Know the environmental problems that exist in your community, in your country and on your planet. Being informed lets you know what to do to protect the environment.
2. Raise the voice. It is not enough to know: you have to pronounce yourself, denounce, question, propose, pass the word, motivate …
3. Act. Each of your actions negatively or positively impacts our ecosystems. Do not think that throwing away trash does not matter because it’s just one … do not think that picking up trash does not work because it’s just one. Everything counts, so everything you do that is in favor of the planet. The role of citizen action is to assert our rights and act as witnesses of society before those acts and events that damage such rights. In many cases, it has been civil society that, with its demands, has promoted the creation of environmental norms and programs, by demanding concrete actions against specific problems. In Greenpeace we believe that to achieve this end, we must always opt for a strategy of non-violent action. This implies respect for all people (whether allies, neutrals or adversaries).
4. Demands decision makers, your governments (municipal, local or federal) public policies for the benefit of the environment.
The burning of fossil fuels causes more climate change, so to avoid global warming your oil consumption decreases
5. Use a bicycle, public transport or share the car when you use it.
6. Choose products that are not packaged in plastic and recycle or reuse the containers.
7. Buy organic fruits and vegetables (fertilizers and pesticides are usually derived from petroleum).
8. Buy beauty products (shampoo, soap or makeup) made with natural ingredients, not derived from petroleum.
9. Choose products made locally. In this way the consumption of fuels used for transport is reduced.
10. Prefer clothing made from organic cotton and not from petroleum materials.
11. Do not use disposable items.
12. Travel less by plane.
13. Demand the use of renewable energy instead of fossil fuels.
14. Change your heater to a solar one.